Indication of a single language site to google for example.

Hello! How can I only specify, for example, the Russian version of the site to be indexed by Google? If my site is in Russian and English.

Is it possible somewhere in the source code to change the settings to "HTTP Accept Language" for the site was only in the Russian for visitors from different countries? I'm just very easy to use administrative panel in English.

Comments

• The language selector can be set to this (and normally defaults to HTTP Accept Language.)

HTTP Accept language is provided by your browser. All Zenphoto does is set its language to what your browser says it prefers (presuming we have that translation.) The browser provides a prioritized list, so we will honor the request if anything in it matches a language we have. If not we revert to English.

Unfortunately, there is no Russian translation. Need a volunteer for that.
  • I've done I needed Russian translation itself.
    I do not understand how to specify a search engine so that it only scanned the Russian version???? If the site is multilingual.
  • The search engine does not scan your site. It searches via your database. So, your question seems moot. If you have only Russian then that is all it will find. If the site is multi-lingual why would you want to prevent non-Russian speakers from searching?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The search engine does not scan your site. It searches via your database.
    Sorry, but that is not correct. No search engine searches the database! It scans (crawls) the site by following links. To make this easier you should and could provide a sitemap.

I think he does not want to prevent non Russian speakers from search enginge but not to have scanned the default English version as his site may be Russian only.
  • I guess it depends on what you mean by "search engine" I was refering to the Zenphoto search engine. Nothing in the post indicates otherwise.
  • As I understand it - to me it would be easier to translate into Russian all the elements in a template and source code (for example the button "next-previous", "rss", etc.)
    My problem has arisen that I can not modify any data in the admin panel using the Russian files ". Mo and. Po", including any "official" translation (for example the name of the added image is not introduced, or simply dumped in blank space).
    No problem with English (original) version. But I need a Russian site!

To avoid mistakes I used the German localization (mo-po) and translated into Russian lines needed. But, for example, when translating pages into translate.google.com - he sees only the English version, the English elements of navigation. So I thought that the search engine GOOGLE and so too will my site as a translator (the content will in Russian, and the navigation controls in English).
  • That is not how the localization of Zenphoto works. Please visit our translator's forum and review the tanslating tutorial in our users guide.

I doubt you will get a good Russian population of the google index without a proper and relatively complete Russian translation.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The page I linked above tells you exactly how to do it. Look at the end of the page. Besides that my collegue is right, please read the tutorials how to properly translate Zenphoto.