Language doesn't work

Hi,

I don't find how to use the plugin dynamic-locale.

I got the flags fr et en on pages, I got directory fr-FR and en-Us with data in zp-core\locale.

I checked the plugin dynamic-locale v1.4.2 in menu "plugins"but the site is still in english.

Have I missed something ?

The website is http://www.photo-saintvalery.fr

Many thanks

Comments

• There are any number of possibilities why the site might be in English. Most likely in your case is that the theme you have chosen does not provide support for the dynamic locale plugin.

As always, we STRONGLY recommend you try out things with a Zenphoto distributed theme to see if the problem is general or related to the non-standard theme you are using.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You have also to check if your server supports the php gettext extension. Setup should have told you about that. Otherwise contact your host.
  • tebar69 Member
    Ok, I tried with the default theme and there's the same problem.

I don't think I had a problem during setup. I ll ask my host about gettext fonction.

Thanks
    Missing gettext is not an error or problem itself but Setup should have told you about if it is missing.

Also, just gettext does not work. Also your server must have locale support for the languages you wish to use.
  • tebar69 Member
    Hi! gettext has been added by my host. But the problem is still there.

What do you mean ba "locale support for the languages" ?
    Gettext alone is not enough. If you want to use say, Chinese, you also need support for that locale installed on your server (the actual support for that language as some things like month names with dates are automatically done via PHP then). If not it won't work. My server for example has only German (the native one) and English installed. You need to contact your host about this.
  • tebar69 Member
    Tks, I ll ask.