Disable Download of Video and resize

Hello

I've just started playing with Zenphoto and its great. I'm using it to predominantly show videos and I have two questions:

1/ I can't find where to resize the video on the page. The image.php or the function that generates the video tag doesn't seem to have anything.

2/ Can I prevent the video object from having a download option?

Thanks for any help.

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Glad you like Zenphoto ;-)

1) What do you mean with "resize" exactly? What theme and what player plugin are you using? If the default video-class plugin you can resize the display via CSS. If using the jplayer plugin it has some options for that but is roughly responsive (it is outdated and will soone become deprecated).

2) By default the full image (here the video) is linked directly. Try the related Options > Image. Depending on what theme you are using you may have to modify the theme.

• Thank you for your reply.

1). I'm just using the class-video plug-in and I copied the basic theme. I can't see anything in the CSS that allows me to change the initial size of the video that is playing.

2) Using the class-video it seems that the three dots on the right hand side allow a 'download' of the video? In the theme options I have set that image to be protected, but the video class doesn't seem effected.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited January 2022

1) Well, you have to modify/add it yourself. Actaully it should fit witin the page automatically. Does it not do that? The video element is actually set to 100% width.

2) I currently have no idea what three dots you are referring to. I just tried the basic theme with a mp4 image and if the video is not linked there is no way to download it. You can via the context menu but there is no way to really disable that (that would be the old "diable right click" question that was already obsolete 10+ year ago. See the entry here why this makes no sense: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/site-protection/)

Btw, technically any visitor vieweing the video does already download it anyway as otherwise he could not view it.