which method of i18n will be used for ZenPhoto?

Hi, Everyone , I'm new to this forum. After searching for internationalization in this forum I found it will be don in version 1.2 , I wanted to translate ZenPhoto to my native language but when I saw it will be done in future (Thant I like it comes soon!) I gave up.
Anyway I wanted to know or suggest the method for i18n, there is 2 important common ways:
1)use php array/define method
2)use gettext method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gettext)
I don't know about the other methods very well but I thought one of this methods will be used for zenphoto. I worked some years with too many systems and I found the gettext method with po/mo files is so better than the first one.
If it is possible someone say me which method will be used, and for know can I translate messages and they will be used in next versions? (I mean translate in current files and use gettext method or wait for the next releases.knowing the method help me how make a work on my projects.)
Thanks

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    We will use PHP-gettext, because normal gettext is serverside and we can not know that it is installed on every host.

Thanks for the offer, Translators will be welcome. The more languages the better. But please wait until we are ready, because things may change in the admin until then. So you won't have unnecessary double work. We let you know when we are ready to go!
  • Thanks acrylian, I wait and count down the seconds for the time of release :)
  • I'm waiting to ...
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Damino: No need to post nearly the same on two threads. All I can say is we are working on it. If there are news you will find them on our news page and probably additionally here.

In the meanwhile thanks for you patience.