how to set language (for months, time, etc.)?

Hello there, I'm working my way through the zenphoto files, to change the menu to german, for some other users. So far so good.

But I'm stuck now. I managed to change most words, but I don't know how to change the months (January, February), etc. zu the German Translation, since I don't find the words in any of the files. Where should I look?

Also I'd like to change the time set from 4 p.m to 16:00 etc. Any Idea how to do that?

thanks for a feedback everyone.

Comments

• Well, you should really wait. We are in the process of implementing I18N for zenphoto. The first language just happens to be German (as the developer who is doing this is himself German.) Perhaps your users would volunteer to be testers?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    And just to add: months names and time format will not be needed to translate since the server locale (a german should exist on a german server) will take care of that then automatically. More on this when it's finished. I guess it will be more or less complete implemented for testing and in the SVN next week.
  • You guys are fast. Ok thanks, I wait then.
  • Hello everyone

Does anybody know, if the implementation of "l18N" is completed and where I can find it, so that I could set the language to german?

Thanks very much.

P.S. Could somebody change the picture of my website (http://www.smoothpix.ch) in the "showcase" please?. It looks better now ;-).

Thank you folks.
    The feature is not yet complete, we will annouce it on our site when it is. A little more patience please. No feature gets in silently...:-) And be sure to subscribe to zenphoto.org's rss feed!

Ok, I will change the picture of your site. Just as a note, it does not look very good in Safari 3. You might want to check that.
  • will do, thanks.
  • oh great, good for Germans :) however I am translating into Lithuanian and Russian so I'd like to know where the months can be translated, thanks a whole bunch
    ImDude, I would wait until the next version with translation capability, if you don't want to do it again with the next update... (Before you ask, I don't know when that will be out though).

The months are nowhere directly written, they are generated by php. You would have to hack functions of the admin backend and/or the template functions.

Maybe your server or the server the translated version should run on supports both locales then you don't need to translate them manually. A server can support several locales (I could imagein that a Lithuanian server might feature the russian, too). Try a google search on "locale" and/or ask your ISP.